Did you know dental implant procedures in America increased by 6.3% from 2019 to 2020? And by 2026, the total number of dental implants will increase by 23%, making dental implants among the most popular dental services out there today.
The future of dental implants is bright as more and more people are turning to implants to fix their smiles and improve their overall dental health.
Are you wondering if dental implants are the answer to your tooth problems? Then keep reading this guide to learn everything you need to know about dental implants and how to decide if they’re right for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots to create a solid foundation for artificial teeth called crowns. Dental implants and crowns are made specially to fit your mouth and match your natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
One of the most obvious benefits of dental implants is improved appearance, but the benefits go much beyond that. Feeling better about your smile leads to feeling better about yourself overall, and improved mental health is something to smile about. Other benefits include:
- Eating is easier with dental implants as they function like natural teeth
- Dental implants are very durable and can last a lifetime with proper care
- Better oral health as implants allow easy access to clean your teeth
- Dental implants are convenient, and no need to worry about dentures
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
One way to replace missing teeth and restore your beautiful smile is to get dental implants. The fantastic thing about dental implants is they feel just like your own teeth and look natural too.
The great news is most people are candidates for dental implants due to the number of options available these days.
As long as facial bone growth is complete, usually between the ages of 16 and 18, implants are an excellent treatment choice for missing teeth from injury or decay. Typically, implants may be right for you if:
- You have healthy gum tissue
- You have enough jaw bone to secure the implants or can get a bone graft
- You’re not able to wear dentures or don’t like them
- You have more than one tooth that needs to be replaced
- You don’t smoke
- You maintain your dental health and see your dentist regularly
- You don’t have any health conditions that affect healing
While most people can benefit from dental implants, certain health conditions make you a poor candidate for implant surgery. These conditions include:
- Uncontrolled blood sugars
- Gum disease
- Taking medications like steroids or drugs that suppress your immunity
- Teeth clenching or grinding
- Past radiation treatments to your jaw
Even if you do have one of these conditions, you may still have dental implant surgery in the future. You’ll first need to work with your doctor on ways to increase your overall health.
Your next step is making an appointment with your dentist, as dental implants require an individualized treatment plan.
Dental Services From ActOn Implants
When you’re looking for dental services, look no further than ActOn Implants. The professionals at ActOn Implants stay up to date on the latest dental implant procedures and technologies, giving you the best dental care possible.
ActOn Implants can restore your smile, confidence, and dental health with dental implants you can afford. So contact us today to schedule a dentist visit and start smiling more tomorrow!